Vacancies~ Stratton St Margaret Parish Council ~ Grange Leisure ~ Grange Bar ~
Centre Assistant Vacancy – 20 hours per week
SCP16: £18,319 pro rata per annum
We have a vacancy at Grange Leisure in Stratton St Margaret for an energetic and proactive Centre Assistant.
The Centre Assistant job role includes:
- Setting up and taking down of function and leisure equipment, checking it is not damaged and is safe to use, conducting room checks
- Customer services, meeting and greeting on Reception and handling queries, charging admission, taking bookings, renting out equipment, handling cash or answering the phone
- Selling refreshments and making hot drinks in a cafe or serving in the bar
- Promoting sports activities at the Leisure Centre and areas in the ownership of the Council both inside and outside events
- General cleaning tasks and daily maintenance including checking, tidying and cleaning all areas of the centre, litter picking and building checks
Applicants must be smart and presentable, display great customer service and be happy to clean, tidy carry out general maintenance tasks. It’s a physical role, moving furniture and fitness equipment as well as answering customer queries and providing support on reception. Cash handling means that you need to be numerate and capable of cashing up and carrying out administration duties so computer literacy is necessary.
HOURS : We operate 7 days a week, from 7am to late at night. All applicants must be age 18+ and happy to work evenings and weekends.
Closing date: 15th June 2018.
Interested? Please send your CV to email@example.com
Ledger Clerk Vacancy – Full time – Fixed term contract until 31st March 2019
Salary – £21,074 per annum
We are currently looking for a proactive and organised Ledger Clerk to join our Finance Team. Reporting to the Parish Council Finance Officer you will be fully accountable for the whole purchase ledger process, from purchase orders through to invoices and reconciliation. You will also provide an indispensable service to the finance team, underpinning the wider financial stability of the Parish Council and Leisure Centre through their robust processes and systems.
Main responsibilities, tasks and duties include:
The role of a Ledger Clerk is to provide a professional and efficient service to the finance function, monitoring how much is owed at all times and providing accurate financial information to the Finance Officer as needed.
- Matching, checking and coding invoices to ensure payment from the correct cost code
- Ensuring the accuracy of VAT payments
- processing payments via BACS
- Setting up of new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details through accurate data recording
- Reconciliation of financial statements, such as bank statements and internal budgets
- Filing invoices and purchase orders as required
- Managing petty cash and safe processes, including being a trusted key holder
- Data entry into finance systems and internal spreadsheets
- Being first point of contact for all relevant Purchase Ledger and Finance queries
- Maintaining strong relationships with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Reviewing systems and processes and making improvements where necessary
- Reconciling tills and cash on site
- Any other tasks or duties as instructed by management commensurate to the level of role
The ideal candidate will have:
- AAT qualification/part qualified or QBE
- 3 years purchase ledger experience
- Experience in Sage
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-disciplined and efficient, with a flexible and proactive nature
- Experienced in Excel and Microsoft office packages
- Knowledge of software packages such as OMEGA
- Demonstrable experience of bookkeeping
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Knowledge of Local Government an advantage
If you would like to apply please send your CV to Matthew.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date TBC.
£8.77 per hour – Zero Hour Contract
We are looking for a talented individual, with Level 2 qualification in Food Safety to join the catering team at Grange Leisure. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a real passion for food and possess bags of enthusiasm. In addition, it provides meals and snacks at Grange Leisure, as well as catering for public events, bar food and functions.
A CIEH Level 2 Food Safety Certificate would be desirable. A Food Preparation Certificate would be an advantage.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to follow instructions and work on their own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills and time management
- Great attention to detail and the willingness to learn
- Assisting with developing new dishes and menus
- The ability to work in a high pressure environment
Entitlements: Pension Scheme and free Gym membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to Chris.email@example.com
There are currently no vacancies.
Open Spaces Team
There are currently no vacancies.