Parks and Open Spaces
ABOUT STRATTON ST MARGARET PARISH COUNCIL OPEN SPACES
The Open Spaces Management Team are dedicated to maintaining the parish of Stratton’s public areas and have a great amount of knowledge and experience between them. We are responsible for maintaining all of the public parks, road verges, allotments, cemeteries, alleyways and pavements.
We work hard to keep areas clean, tidy and the vegetation well managed so that the area of Stratton looks good and is user friendly. We are also keen to enable wildlife to live on our land by encouraging wild flowers, trees and habitat for birds and animals. We spend around a quarter of our time clearing up after people, which is a shame. We would rather spend this time making valuable improvements.
Stratton St Margaret Parish Council are responsible for 10 play parks with children’s play equipment. These are maintained by our Grounds Team and they cater for all ages of children.
What Stratton Parish Council Can Help with
The Open Spaces Management Team are dedicated to maintaining the parish of Stratton’s public areas and have a great amount of knowledge and experience. We are responsible for maintaining all of the public parks, road verges, allotments, cemeteries, alleyways and pavements. Here is a list of work that we carry out;
- Grass cutting on all public areas throughout the parish***
- Hedge cutting
- Litter picking
- Emptying of bins
- Tree and shrub pruning and planting**
- Planting and maintaining flower beds
- Play equipment provision and maintenance
- Football pitch maintenance and provision
- Provision and maintenance of infrastructures such as fences, benches, gates and paths
- Cleaning pavements*
- Repairing vandalism and removing graffiti
- Deal with fly tipping
- Providing signage to help manage sites
- Other landscaping work
- Related office administration and management
* We only maintain the surface of pavements and alleyways. This means cleaning them of rubbish, leaves and moss. We do not maintain the actual tarmac, this is Swindon Borough Council.
** Only some trees are the responsibility of Stratton Parish Council. Some public trees are still managed by Swindon Borough Council. If you require more information, please email the Parish Office.
*** The grass on White Hart roundabout and Greenbridge roundabouts are still the responsibility of Swindon Borough Council
What Swindon borough Council Can Help with
Swindon Borough Council are responsible for:
- Street Lighting
- Highway Issues
- Rubbish and Recycling Collection
- Dead Animals
*SBC only deal with certain trees please email the Parish Offices for clarification.
Hire an Open Space within the Stratton St Margaret Parish
We have several football pitches at Meadowcroft Park and Upper Stratton. Several of our parks are available for hire for private parties or commercial fairgrounds for example. For further information enquire with the Parish Council Office.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01793) 823761.
Swindon Museum and Art Gallery is searching for a local family to help put its learning and activity resources to the test. The Gallery’s Education...