Grounds Team Street Cleaning Operative – May to October 2017
Starting salary £18,746 pa pro rata
You’ll be part of the vital grounds delivery team working across The Parish to ensure safe, tidy and well maintained parks and open spaces. Performing maintenance and environmental cleansing from May to October 2017. All equipment, PPE and uniform provided.
The duties will include:
- Cleansing work including sweeping, litter picking and leaf collection in our streets, pavements, shopping areas, parks and housing areas, including the safe disposal of hypodermic needles, clearing away of broken glass etc.
- Daily emptying litter and dog bins.
- Drive and be responsible for allocated non-LGV vehicles. Duties include vehicle checks and required maintenance and cleaning.
- Removing graffiti and fly tipping, removal of dead animals, blood, debris etc. after accidents as required. This can include the safe removal and disposal of dangerous and hazardous materials e.g. asbestos.
- Ensure all street furniture, noticeboards, road signs etc. are kept clean and tidy and to report any vandalism.
- Salting and snow clearing during icy weather outside shopping areas and Parish buildings.
- Maintenance of benches, bins, railings, Parish flag pole, etc.
- Maintenance and safe use of hand tools, strimmers, vacuums, blowers, push mowers etc.
Essential: Full clean drivers licence (BE endorsement – trailer advantageous not essential)
Essential: Previous experience in similar outdoors or street cleaning environment
37 hours per week, across 5 days including some Saturdays
7.30 am – 3.30 pm Mon – Thurs 7.30 am – 3.00 pm Fri or Saturday
Interested? Apply directly to our HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Team Leader Vacancies
Are you super organised with exceptional customer service skills? Experienced at managing a team and multi tasking?
Leading our Front Office Team, you will ensure the efficient operation of Grange Leisure Centre with the specific responsibility for the operation of the front of house reception and Grange Leisure coffee shop through the delivery of exceptional customer service and efficient administration.
- Someone has to handle all the enquiries we get, so communication skills are key – a happy telephone manner and a positive approach help keep our prospective customers and members happy and informed about what we do is vital.
- Responsible for managing and processing all Leisure Centre bookings, including taking deposits and follow up meeting arrangements.
- Managing, motivating and arranging the rota for the team of Centre Assistants to ensure that the Centre is running efficiently.
- Ensure that electronic records of facilities and activities at Grange Leisure Centre are accurate, up to date, properly maintained, and reports produced as required.
- Become a super user of the Grange Leisure Centre data booking software.
- Responsible for generating invoices for room hire charges, block bookings and cash reconciliation of the Coffee shop & Reception till.
- Provide exemplary administration support including the use of all Microsoft applications, filing, photocopying, dealing with post, parcels and deliveries.
- Running the Coffee Shop, ensuring hygiene standards are adhered to and seasonal promotions are advertised and available.
We’re a business that operates 7 days a week, from 7am to late at night.
Information Team Leader: 37 hours per week
Tuesday to Saturday 8.30am to 4.30pm
Information Team Leader: 32 hours per week
Monday 9.00am to 5.30pm
Tuesday 4.00pm to 10pm
Wednesday 4.00pm to 10pm
Thursday 4.00pm to 10pm
Sunday 4.00pm to 10pm
The successful person/s will be able to demonstrate how in the last two years, from being in the front desk role, they have delivered good customer service, sales awareness and grown their knowledge of front desk procedures.
The ideal person will have a previous background in hospitality and must be an experienced Manager of multi skilled teams.
Job description: Information Team Leader Vacancy – Stratton Parish Council Swindon
Interested? Apply to the HR Department email@example.com
There are currently no vacancies.
There are currently no vacancies.