|Event:||Stratton Festival 2017 – #StratFest17|
|When:||Saturday 22 July 2017 from noon|
|Where:||Grange Leisure, Grange Drive, Stratton,SN3 4JY|
#StratFest17 …. Stratton Festival 2017 – 22nd July 2017
The plans for this years festival are well under way and the festival promises to be a jam packed event for everyone to enjoy. With various attractions coming back for another year of success. Here’s what’s confirmed so far:
Confirmed stall holders include:
- Swindon Alzheimers Society – our Chairman’s chosen charity for 2017/2018
- Luke’s & Hannah’s Urban Garden – Selling Plant Pots/ Flowers/ Herbs
- Swindon Museum & Art Gallery – Displays
- Kennet Valley Wavers, Spinners & Dyers – Hand Spinning Demonstrations
- Christine Williams – Filzy Modern Creative Felt
- Vaguely Vintage – Clothing & Homeware
- Mclaughin Photography – Family and Child Photography
- Husse Swindon – Pet Food, Toys, Accessories
- Swindon Lions Club – Charity Fairground Games
- Moore’s Bazaar – Toys, Lucky Dip & Collectables
- Hand Knitted Silk Flowers, Jewellery
- RNLI – Soveniers, Tombola
- Carter Collectables – Retro Themed Decoupage Craft Items
- Marion & Victoria – Hand knitted items for babies and children
- A Pane in the Glass – Stained Glass
- Glamorose – Cupcakes
- Crafts and Calligraphy – Hand crafted wooden and ceramic plaques
- Ruth Wintle – Artists Forum
- Friends of Upper Stratton Library
- Swindon Stroke Support Group – Promotion
- Wiltshire’s Freemasons – Information
- NSPCC – Tombola
- Wilts and Berks Canal Trust – Promotional
- Project Reboot – Refurbished Laptops and Computers
- Guide Dogs – Tombola
- Wyvern Theatre & Swindon Arts Centre – Activities/ Programmes
- Defence Lab – Leaflets / Information
Look at who we’ve already got lined up:
- Twistina – The Amazing Balloon Lady
- Michael O’Leary – Story Teller
- Circus Skills Workshop
- Dog Show – hosted by Drove Vets
- …and lots, lots more to be announced over the coming weeks.
Full line up to be announced shortly.
Entertainers of Swindon and beyond…
We have various performance slots available throughout our festival and we are looking for a variety of performers to showcase their talents.
During this years festival we will be seeing the Dakota Flypast making an appearance around 14:10! Bring your binoculars!
1200 – 1225: Majorettes
1230 – 1255: Zumba
1305 – 1335: TBC
1345 – 1405: Farrell School of Dance
1415 – 1445: Julie Scott’s Academy of Performing Arts
Missin’ Rosie – 3pm until 4pm
Little Miss Dynamite – 4pm until 5pm
Ukey D’Ukes – 5pm until 6pm
The Ukey D’Ukes are something a little bit different. They are a fun, entertaining, Rockin’ Ukulele Band, playing a wide range of music.
Bleep Machines 6pm until 7pm
The Bleep Machines are a duo from Swindon playing mainly 80’s Retro Synth Pop by Yazoo, Vince Clarke, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Nik Kershaw, Howard Jones, Erasure, Simple Minds, Blancmange, Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Human League.
Down & Dirty – 7pm until 8pm
Swindon based rock covers band DOWN AND DIRTY is a collaboration of four experienced, Swindon based musicians with a desire to play good, fun and rocking music to an appreciative audience, but presenting something a little different from the norm as far as the songs are concerned.
There will always be a few old favourites in the set, but the band are always looking for something a little different and are intent on coming up with their own approach to some of the well known numbers.
Sloe Train – 8pm until 9pm
This exclusive blues band is a collaboration of some of the South West’s most seasoned musicians, who share a love of the Blues. The band will lean heavily on the back catalogue of Joe Bonamassa, with a sprinkling of other blues classics.
Kova Me Badd – 9pm until 10-30pm
Described by one journalist, as ‘either the greatest or worst band you will ever see’ KMB are a parody covers band that bring party to the table.
Just look who’s coming along:
- Mario’s Ice Cream
- He Say She Waffles
- Rays Ice Cream
- JMF Catering – burgers, sausages, wraps and curry
- S Days Catering – 70 different flavours of fudge/ nougat
- Coffee Bike
Beer and Cider Tent
As well as our very own ‘Festival Ale’, courtesy of Arkell’s Brewery, we also have…..
We couldn’t put on an event of this size and scale without an army of local helpers. Every year we welcome volunteers before, during and after the Festival. If you can spare some time come and get involved!
Once again; we’re overwhelmed by the local and national support for this year’s Stratton Festival.
- Arkell’s: Main stage sponsors
- Drove Vets : Partnership sponsor
- Heineken: Donors
- The Woodland Trust: Sponsors
- Storm Facilities: Sponsors
- Big Lotto: Donation
- Scarrots: Sponsors
- Stratone Financial: Sponsors
- Harman Electrical: Electrical installation and cover
“We’re absolutely thrilled to be involved in the Stratton festival and stroll this year, the reason John Arkell brewed beer here in the first place 174 years ago was to bring together the local community to enjoy the social spaces and events over a delicious beer. We look forward to carrying on this tradition.” Arkells, Swindon
If you’re a business owner and would like to sponsor any of our events, then please get in touch with Jo / Emily: firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking at Grange Leisure is extremely limited as we utilise as much as our land as possible for the community to use and concrete isn’t as much fun as grass.
If you have to come by car we fully understand, but if you can find an alternative method of transport we would be very grateful.
A few residents have kindly offered to ‘lend you a driveway’ during the festival – you’ll see windows with the poster below displayed if they’re happy for you to park on their driveway. If there isn’t a poster, please don’t park on private property.
Wherever you park please park considerately, in the past we’ve had cars blocking driveways, corners of roads and pavements. Before you leave your car, please think about it’s positioning and ensure the road and pavement remain safe for other road users and pedestrians.
Want to know more about Stratton Festival?
Please contact Emily or Jo on email@example.com